The moments before the wedding were the first time that I thought, "Everything can actually go wrong!"
First of all, Royce is a pretty happy kid. He is. He naps well and he's very smiley. The hours before the wedding this was not the case. He was so cranky and would not go down. And so I am getting ready in my new, very cute dress, trying to keep Royce calm and do my makeup. It's finally time to head out the door. I bend down to pick up a crying Royce when I hear a very loud, "RIIIIIIIP."
"Oh no, was that my dress?!" I run to look in the mirror. The front looks fine. I turn around. Not so fine. A large rip in the seam of my dress. I now have a slit that goes halfway up my backside. Obviously I could not wear this. So I go for plan B. A dress I picked up for a few bucks at a second hand store while I was in Redding. It was still a very cute dress. Elise comes to my room to give me a lift to the wedding when Rebekah is also having a dress dilemma. The zipper on her dress sucks and will not zip. Elise and I give it our all and we get it over all the weird zipper snags. We are feeling very proud of ourselves until the zipper splits and the actual zipper part comes off. I mean seriously? We are already running late. What's the deal with our dresses? I lent her a cardigan because she didn't have any thrift store plan B dress. We proceed to help her get her children ready. And then Andrew is having a fashion crisis that set us further behind. It just seemed like one thing after the other. The Garmin was also set against us going to the wedding. Never trust a Garmin when under pressure.
We made it to the wedding just in time to see the bridal party walking down the aisle. So we got to see the wedding technically. Just not sitting. It was a beautiful wedding. The colors, the flowers, the location, the bride. It was all very nice.
The reception/dinner was also wonderful. Good food. Good music. And I'm sure the dancing was great - I just don't really dance.
Here are some of the moments I was able to capture.
Me and my wedding date.
My mom made all the grandsons bowties. So cute!
He was running around under tables and climbing chairs having a great time. Although he did stop every now and then for some food.
Elise and Andrew (Scott, Millie, and Eli in the background)
A really great picture that I had to put up because everyone looks so good.
The happy couple! They really do make a great pair.
Aunt Rebekah
That kid is pretty darn cute.
This guy kept telling me that my son had a concave face. Nice.
Well at least it's a cute concave face!
The mommy-son dance. Believe you me - tears were shed.
Still running around.
These kids wanted to dance!
And dance they did. My mom sewed those dresses. She did a really nice job.
Dancing with Grandebbie.
For all the chaos that went on getting there, the night was really pleasant and a good memory. Not such a great memory was the fact that I left my camera. Brandon and Rachel were kind enough to pick it up and ship it to me in Idaho. I wasn't able to take any other pictures over my vacation because of it though. I'm just glad to have it back.
Congrats to Brandon and his new wife, Rachel!
Great pictures! I'm so glad you got your camera back!
ReplyDelete