Saturday, November 1

So bitter.


Let me start off by saying - I'm all for the Boy Scouts.  I'll support them when I can which is why we stopped by their pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins this Halloween season.  There is no price listed outside - nada.  So we pick our 3 pumpkins and go to pay.  

25 dollars.

25 dollars!?

I wanted to put the pumpkins back and go somewhere else but Aaron was embarrassed by my cheapness and we bought them anyway.  I am still incredibly bitter about that $25.
 

Luckily, children are blissfully unaware of the financial hardships of their parents so London stayed very optimistic about the whole experience - as seen above.
 

On to the carving.  Oh yay!
 

The best picture of London ever.
 

Is that boy handsome or what?

Royce ended up getting a hold of the camera through this whole process so the following are pictures seen through the eyes of a child.
 

 Psychedelic.



I'm glad Royce took this shot.  Let me enlighten you on why a whole pumpkin is in a garbage bag the night of carving.  Remember those 3 $25 dollar pumpkins.  Yeah, one of them was rotten all the way through.  Thanks BSOA.  For nothing!
 


 Royce's sketch for me to carve.

 We edited that a bit.  He was very clear that he wanted round eyes, upside-down triangle nose, and sharp teeth smile.  He was very happy with the results.  London wanted a ghost.  I did the best I could.



Now here is the best part about this whole experience.  Three days after carving these, they were 90% rotten.  I had to throw them out.  I will be bitter as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment