Somewhere along the way - Royce turned 4. It's frightening. He's at an age where he'll remember all the mistakes I make. I figured I'd better give this kid a birthday party to even it all out.
I always kick myself. I am the worst at taking pictures. I meant to get pictures of Royce's party and decorations before it all happened but I get caught up in other things so I forget. But we did have a party for Royce today and it was so much fun. He wanted a "Monster Party" so I did the best I could. Here are the results.
"Feed ME!" Monster bean bag toss.
Pin the eye on the monster - Royce won!
Monster cupcakes! Aaron said they look like brains.
Royce's personal cake.
4?! Since when?
Eating with his buddies.
Pinata time. I made that baby. Oh yea - bet you couldn't even tell. And the best part is - I used our Halloween candy to fill it. Maybe that's horrible of me but it was a cheap way to fill the pinata and a great way to get rid of a lot of candy.
It was a great party. Just a small group but it was perfect. Royce kept his cool and didn't get overwhelmed and it was fun to watch him be celebrated by his friends. This little guy has thrown more my way than I ever thought a child could but I would not change him for the world. He keeps me on my toes and well acquainted with his teachers but there is such a sweetness to him. He's so sincere in everything he does and gives everything his all. The things that make him challenging now are going to be the things that make him confident as he gets older. I look forward to seeing all those changes at each and every birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment