Friday, August 29

Home Sweet Home


 Here we are - our new abode.  It took me hours upon hours to find just the right spot to live.  We wanted it within a mile of work with a garage, 3 rooms, dishwasher, etc.  I still had to sacrifice my yard but it's OK.  I can have everything on my wish list when we decide to buy.  For now we are pretty happy where we have chosen.


The view from our front porch.  This is the courtyard where all the kids play.  It's like a yard!



 Walk in the front door into our family room.


To the left of this picture is the front door, the right - the stairs, and behind me are the couches.
 


 Kitchen on the right, basement on the left.


Need I explain.  Kitchen.
 

Every view you could ever want of our eating area.  It's a bummer the floors are carpet under the table.  That's rough when you have little kids.  I guess we need a rug.  Where the vacuum is is also the laundry area.
 

Another view of how everything connects.
 

Our new washer - a dryer is in the works.  We'll have to save up for that.  Hanging things on hangers overnight is suiting us just fine though.  
 

Downstairs to the 1/2 basement.
 

It's not a fully underground basement which I really wanted being in tornado alley and all but I thought 1/2 in the ground is better than nothing!

The kids toy room.  It's so nice to have all the toys out of their bedroom!
 


Garage - Aaron built shelves but we're still organizing a bit.  


 Now these stairs lead to the top level - they are directly in front of the front door.  So up we go!


 The kids room.  His side and her side.


Closet.


The upstairs bathroom is Jack and Jill style - so this sink is the kids.
 

Our room.
 



Our sink and then they attach in the middle with the shower.

So there you go - a whole house tour.  We like it so far and hope to stay somewhere for more than a year.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment