This is late, late, late. But this morning I thought I had better catch up on a lot of blogging that needs done! Carving pumpkins was not quite the adventure I thought it would be. I thought Royce would LOVE sticking his hand in there and getting all the goo - but as you can see from most of his pictures, he is less than pleased. London, of course, will do just about anything.
She caught on pretty quickly about scooping out the pumpkin. It's so fun to watch her as she can begin to do things all by herself.
Still, none too happy.
The goop. Aaron always cooks the seeds which is something we never did at my house. It's kind of fun.
We painted London's pumpkin. I thought it was something she could do to feel like it was her pumpkin.
For Royce I drew on a piece of paper 3 sets of different eyes, 3 noses, and 3 mouths. I had him choose which he liked best of each. This was the combination he chose.
"Scary pumpkin!"
London's masterpiece drying.
All done.
Ready to go!
Random picture of London because she's a cutie.
Now onto the real festivities. Royce had told me he wanted to be a train (What do you want for your birthday? A train! What do you want to be for Halloween? A train! What do you want for Christmas? A train!) The kids obsessed!
Here's the costume. Made out of a diaper box, a shoe box, and some paper plates. I thought it turned out pretty cute!
All aboard! He loved his costume.
When Aaron found out we were having a girl (2 years ago!) he immediately got online and ordered this Vikings cheerleader costume. Luckily in fit right in time for Halloween. I tried to make pom-poms for her costume but they were kind of a disaster.
Our trunk-or-treat at church. Our car was a little bit of a disaster but at least I tried to be festive, I suppose. Our church had a car "trunk-or-treat" the night before Halloween.
Having fun.
Free hot cocoa? Don't mind if I do.
Proud Mom Moment - When Royce won cutest costume award.
My kids are friendly - very friendly. Especially London. If you have a lap, she will sit in it. She immediately cozied up to the kids in the next van over and they fed her a constant supply of dum-dums so she was pretty good to go for the night.
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up. Cruel mother took a picture before she would help me.
Home and enjoying their booty.
Home and enjoying the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment