Saturday, October 26

Orchard Field Trip

Every Friday Royce goes to a letter group.  It's a group of 6 mom's and we rotate our kids to each house and learn about one letter a week.  This week we had a field trip of sorts to this great orchard here.  It was a lot of fun.


It was a cold day! Better get used to it.

  

 The store - so much cute stuff here.  We got fudge and Apple Cider donuts to eat on the way home.  Yum.


London joined in for this week - normally it's just Royce that goes.  She loved all the animals.  There were goats, ducks, chickens, pigs, turkeys - she is like her dad.  Maybe she'll be a veterinarian one day too.
 


They had a storybook area with cut outs to put your face in.  That was a little too hard to do with two little kids all by myself but the Alice in Wonderland table was by far the cutest thing out of them all.  A little table with mismatched chairs and a tea set.  It was cute.
 

 Then we got to go a tractor hay ride to go pick apples.  Royce loved the tractor.  London thought it was a little cold.


 Couldn't wait to eat her apple.


 I think the best part about our trip were ALL the activities the kids could do.  There was this big spider web, a huge "pillow" to jump on, a potato sack slide - and lots more.  Stay tuned.


 Petal bike tractors - this is the big kids version.


 The hay maze.  I kept pretending I was lost and asking Royce to be our guide to get us through.  He would run ahead, scope out the area and come back to get me and take me through a little bit more.  He found our way out.  He really enjoyed this one.



 And here is the little kid version of the tractor pedal bikes.  These were adorable.  I want one.




 Fighting over the green one.



I think one of the coolest things though was the "Corn Pool."  It was just that a huge pool of corn.  The kids thought it was great.  I even joined in.  I'm still finding corn in their pockets.



A great day.  We picked pumpkins that we will carve tonight.  And both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept for a long time after.  We will definitely have to go back.  Lots of fun to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment