Man this kid is moving! It was only about a week ago that he finally took that first "crawl step" and now he's climbing up on walls and chairs and going through the games and cd's and falling and hitting his head and freaking out.
It's amazing how quickly they learn to do other things once they've learned to crawl. It's really quite fun and I'm really glad to see him more mobile. But I can't just leave him in one spot like I used to. It's hard to change him, and dress him, and bathe him now too. I guess that's good though. I was getting lazy. And he's so happy to move on his own. He just smiles at me while his little tush waddles across the room. And I'm finding him everywhere.
This is Royce going in from the side of the "entertainment center" we'll call it.
It's all fun and games for now...until he attempts to get out of this position.
He was officially stuck and officially very angry. But I had to get a picture of it first before I ran to his rescue.
Here, he has discovered that he can finally grab his own toys. Oh boy!
Until he gets stuck once again. Of course, while he screams mom grabs the camera.
Trying to get food from the fridge.
Escaping his diaper change. I look away for a second only to see his bare bum moving in the opposite direction.
I don't know how I feel about his "pulling himself up" phase. He falls too much. It makes me nervous.
But look at those legs!
And this is Royce's new way of "talking." He may look angry but he's not. He's learned that he can yell and he's having fun discovering that. It's pretty cute.
As a side note- Guess who got Royce dressed today?
If you guessed Aaron - you were right!
He's getting to be so fun as he gets older. He's actually keeping me company all day and he's more of a companion to hang out with. We love this little boy.
Man! Royce is one cute dude! We are all excited to meet him this summer.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap he is getting so big! All I could do was laugh when I saw the fixes he gets himself into. What a cute little fart! We met a couple named Aaron and Kristin and I cried on the inside, mourning the loss of you guys. :) Then when Axel threw a huge hissy fit and everyone just stared at us like "what a brat" we both thought "we need the Larsons here to make fun of Axel with us instead of judging what rotten parents we are" Oh good times. P.S. Now Axel absolutely hates when his hands are sticky...Aaron would be proud.
ReplyDelete