Monday, April 6

Discovering Kansas City

The kids and I have been having so much fun discovering all the fun things there are to do in Kansas City.  There is a ton of kid friendly things to do.  I'll share a few of our favorite discoveries.

The first is this great park.  Not only does it have TONS of walking trails and a great pond with ducks and geese.  But it has two large playgrounds and this really fun Western Town.  You can go in each themed building and run amok.  The kids love this place.



 The jailbird.




One of our new favorite places to go.

We also found a really fun hands-on museum.  It used to be an old school but they have converted each room into a themed exploration.  It was good for hours of fun and discovery.


Aaron helping out the kids in the roadway room.  It was a track for golf balls.  I think he had the most fun with this one.

Then there was a building room.  They had blocks and tiles and legos and all sorts of building mediums.  My favorite part about this room, though, were the kid-size lincoln logs.  I mean - how cool are those!?



There was a make believe hospital room.  It was fun for the kids to pretend they were Vets like their dad.



An art room.  London, my little artist, LOVED this room.  If she can paint or color she is very happy.


Water exploration room.  Royce had fun building spouts and waterworks for the water to come out in crazy ways.



Overall, it was a great way to spend an afternoon. 

The last cool discovery we made was at the outlet malls.  I took London while Royce was at school.  We were just window shopping when we saw these giant dinosaur bones.  I had no idea what it was, Museum or what.  Of course London insisted we find out.



Turns out it was this really cool dinosaur restaurant.



She loves it.





Every 30 minutes they have a "meteor shower."  It's pretty much just flickering lights and swooshing noises but London freaked out and thought it was fun.

After making this discovery we shortly returned with Royce and Dad because I didn't think it was fair to not bring a 4-year-old boy to a Dinosaur Restaurant.  He was pretty freaked out by the moving dinosaurs but he warmed up to them real quick.

Overall we are really enjoying what Kansas City has to offer and I look forward to making for discoveries with my little ones in tow!

No comments:

Post a Comment