There is a cute little train museum in one of the neighboring towns and wouldn't you know it - but Thomas the Tank Engine frequents this place once a year. So I'm thinking that I have this little boy who loves Thomas - it would be cruel to not let him go.
Aaron was supposed to take just Royce and have a father/son day but unfortunately Vet School is hard, and takes a lot of time. And it is very unpredictable. I found out the night before that Aaron would most likely not be able to go. The responsibility fell on my shoulders to not only take Royce but also London (we had already bought the tickets!)
In the car getting ready to go. London had been crying a little bit, pretzels usually do the trick though. Royce is wearing an Engineer hat that was Aaron's when he was a little boy. - I apologize for the low quality of the pictures. My hands were a little full!
Ticket (see above)
There he is. Royce kept asking where Percy was. I'm not about to destroy this child's dreams and say - he's not real, so I make up this very elaborate story about all the work that needs to be done on the island of Sodor. He bought it.
The conductor and Annie/Clarabelle. I don't know who's who.
Waiting for Thomas to take us away!
Train ride. We went very slowly through corn fields, and neighborhoods, and farms. This was my favorite though. Creeeeepy...
Thanks Thomas! We had fun.
There was a LOOONG line to take a picture with Sir Toppum hat (don't even get me started on what I think of the man - that's another story) but I did not want to wait in a long line with two small kids so we just took this distance shot.
They had train tables for the kiddos - Royce loves toy trains. He was trying to hoard them all for himself. We are working on the sharing thing.
Don't worry - it's not permanent.
The train museum.
In the Fall they have a train that takes the kids to a pumpkin patch where they pick a pumpkin and then bring it back with them on the train ride home. I think that would be a lot of fun so we may be regulars. Both London and Royce like trains a lot. Trains, trains, trains!
No comments:
Post a Comment