Thursday, February 15

And then there were 4...

Welcome to the world little one!  Born February 1st: Darby!



It's been an very LOOOOOONG 9 months.  They say the more pregnancies you have, the faster they seem to go.  I would agree to that statement with London and Beckett's pregnancies - this one, not so much.  I was very ready to have her out and into the world!


Everything about this pregnancy was a bit different, really.  The symptoms were more severe (Aaron liked to constantly remind me that I am no longer in my 20's.)  The nights were much more sleepless.  And the labor was much more speedy!


We had a scheduled inducement for Thursday morning - things were going normal until they decided to break my water to speed up the process.  Boy did it ever!  30 minutes after breaking the water - I had a new baby.  No time for an epidural - not much time for anything really.  It was quite the whirlwind.  I guess if you have to go "natural" that's the way to do it!


She came in at 7lb 8oz and 20 inches tall.  Look at that head of hair!


My mom was so kind to come and watch the kids for me so Aaron could be at the hospital with me.  



Beckett finally understood what all the "baby talk" had been about.  There was a lot of pointing to my belly and saying "baby."  Beckett would try to lift up my shirt to see what I was talking about.  It was pretty cute.  When she finally saw a real life baby, she was one very excited girl.  Beckett LOVES babies.


London is a very sweet big sister.  She takes very good care of both of her little sisters.


So happy.  A real life doll to play with.  I have to keep my eyes on her and make sure she doesn't smother Darby!  She's a little obsessed with her!


Royce has decided that another little girl isn't too bad.  He was really rooting for a brother but once he met Darby, he decided that he would take charge of her as a big brother.  He already has big plans to beat up anyone who bothers her.  I think she'll be well protected!



The Larsen clan is now a clan of 6!  I can't believe it!  They bring so much joy and chaos.  I love it.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! What a short and intense labor, I'm glad you're both doing well.

    ReplyDelete