On Saturday the community had a free Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. We thought our little ones would really enjoy it. Few problems:
1. We showed up 10 mintues late = no eggs to be found
BUT it was a great park with a huge butterfly garden and the kids didn't even care about the lack of eggs. They were so happy to just run around. Royce was a little freaked out by the butterflies landing on him though.
2. London fell face first into a pond.
Just as I was saying "London, stay away from the water!" too. Huge fall into a nasty dirty lake - Aaron wasn't around because he was with Royce so I got London out of there while parents gave me strange looks like I just threw her in the lake or something. Anyway lucky for us K-Mart was down the road so we bought some clearance sweats and voila! Nice and dry again.
Here she is prior to the great pond dunk. She looks happy...for now! My only real regret is not getting an after picture but I think I would have looked really cruel making my cold, shivering, bawling child wait for me to pull out my camera to capture her humiliation.
Sunday morning the Easter Bunny left some goodies around the house!
This years hunt was really fun. Holidays just get more and more fun as the kids get older.
Royce got a water gun for Easter and was not too pleased that Daddy was having more fun with it than he was.
Heh heh heh.
And lastly, my first attempt at Easter outfits. They were super easy to do and I was proud of how they turned out. London's outfit was supposed to be a dress but turned out WAY too short so I made bloomers to compensate. I thought it was cute.
We love all the traditions that come with Easter but we are so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father and so grateful for Christ's sacrifice for us. I hope my children understood this, it is my prayer they did.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment