Sunday, November 6

Caribbean Halloween


It was Royce's first Halloween!  Last year around this time I was nervous that I'd have him before midnight and then have a Halloween baby.  No good.  Luckily he waited 2 1/2 hours.  Well, I had to make his costume cute.  It would be his very first.  I thought for weeks and weeks of what he could be.  I thought he could be Nacho Libre, but then I didn't think it would be appropriate to show up shirtless to school and then what would I be?  A nun.  No thanks.  Then I thought, he could be Mario or Charlie Brown.  Those are always easy, but kind of boring.

Sunday morning, the day before the big event, I was looking through his clothes to see what I had to work with when a grey sweatshirt appeared.  He never wears to thing anyway, I could do anything to it.  So I surfed the net and found really cute ideas for hoodie costumes and finally inspiration struck.  He would be a shark.

I cut up an old white t-shirt for teeth, and used some black scraps from a friend.  It only took me an hour on my friends sewing machine.  I think it turned out really cute.


On St. Kitts, Halloween is not really celebrated, so Ross has the vet students buy some candy and the whole prep school goes from classroom to classroom and collects a ton of candy.  I was surprised how much there was.  We collected very little though because I knew most of the candy would end up in my tummy - and I just don't need the added weight.


I was a shark-bitten surfer.  The fake blood is all over my legs so you can't really see it.


Of course Royce enjoyed pushing around a pumpkin.  He loves to push anything he can.


Royce's daycare.

It was so fun and I'm excited when in a few years we can have a more "traditional" Halloween.  I think the strangest part was how warm it was.  Overall, a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment